ad design specifications
Final magazine trim size
8 3/8" x 10 7/8"
printed with a 150-line screen.
||Dimensions (width x length)
||7.375" x 9.875" (with Bleed 8.5" x 11")
||4.625" x 10"
|1/2 page island
||4.625" x 7.375"
|1/2 page vertical
||3.375" x 10"
|1/2 page horizontal
||7" x 4.875"
|1/3 page vertical
||2.25" x 10"
|1/3 page square
||4.625" x 4.875"
||3.375" x 4.875"
|1/6 page vertical
||2.25" x 4.875"
||2.25" x 2"
||2.25" x 1"
Photos and Artwork
Macintosh format is preferred. If you must send a PC file, send all supporting art files and fonts, along with a proof.
- High-resolution PDF files (preferred)
- Adobe InDesign, Adoe Photoshop, TIFF, Adobe Illustrator or EPS files (with all fonts furnished and type converted to outlines)
If you are sending originals
- They must be supplied in original form (slide or print).
- You may send crisp, clear laser prints as long as they are solid black and white, with no screen tints, photos or gray areas.
- The following do not qualify: photocopies, faxes, dot matrix copies, or inkjet copies. Sorry, we can't reproduce photos directly from previously printed materials, as distortion/loss of quality will occur.
If you are scanning
- Scans must be at least 300 dpi at full print size.
- Line art scans must be at least 1200 dpi.
- Hi-res PDF files via email or FTP; Thumb or flash drive, CD or DVD by mail
- Send all supporting art files, fonts and a proof.
Clay Times has an FTP site where you can upload your digital files. Call us for instructions: 800-356-2529
- If you are sending one file, it is a good idea to compress it, particularly if it is over 1 MB. Be sure to use Aladdin's STUFFIT program or a MAC compression program which will give you a (.sit) file or a self-expanding archive (.sea). Do not send files that are mime-encoded.
- Send all supporting art files and fonts.
- Include a proof with crop marks in your art folder
E-mail your ad files or questions to advertising manager Polly Beach